Wednesday, October 24, 2007

tobyMac

So I finally got to see Tim perform live this past weekend with tobyMac. They came through Des Moines a year or two ago, but I couldn't make the show for some reason or another. Luckily, I was able to make it this time around.

Even though I play in the praise band every Sunday at church, I'm still more of a hard rock/heavy metal guy. I must say though, they rocked the house pretty good. It was kind of weird seeing a friend from high school on stage, and then signing autographs and taking pictures. Tim did a great job, and the band as a whole put on an entertaining show.

Anyway, here are some video clips. I recorded these with my Canon still camera, so the video quality is not the best and the audio quality is horrible. It's a long video, so it may take a bit to load.



Here is a better quality live recording of their song Boomin'. There are also several other videos on YouTube.





Good show.

ps - For an even better, in depth review of the Portable Sounds Tour, check out Carl's blog, One Pilgram's Progress. It's great to see others enjoyed the show as well.

4 comments:

Mel said...

How fun, Chad! That's is so awesome for Tim.

Chad said...

It really was fun.

Even if you don't like the type of music they play, I'd still recommend seeing them live. They put on a pretty entertaining show -- lots of energy and such. Plus it's just neat to see someone you know up on stage.

The opening acts for them on this tour are Thousand Foot Krutch and Barlow Girl. TFK rocked pretty hard. Barlow Girl, a 3-piece all girl act, did some good rockin' out, too.

Unknown said...

Chad, thanks for visiting my blog. I hyper linked to your blog so my readers (both of them!) could read your experience and share the excitement of someone who has a friend on stage, you know, so they could "catchafire".

Peace and all good,
Carl

Chad said...

Hey Carl,

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate the linkage. Will do likewise. :)