Friday, July 13, 2007

My 15 minutes of fame

Well, not really...but it'll have to do.

Here's a link to a local television news spot about the last project I designed for my former employer.

http://www.kdsm.com/players/news/top_story/video.shtml
(Click on the video for "Asian Gardens..." in the video list)

The video will probably only be available for a day or two before getting cycled out of rotation.

Here's what it will look like when all the landscaping is finished (click for larger image):

The upper "pagoda" portion of the structure was hand made in China, and assembled here in the US by the Chinese craftsmen who made it. The solid marble railings and statue figures were also hand made in China.

A few other photos:


Here's what it looked like before the pagoda was installed:

I wish they would just finish the damn thing already. I designed it in 2005!

1 comment:

Mel said...

That's really neat, Chad. It's a structure you can really be proud of! And it's kinda neat to think that you can take your grandkids for a walk there and say "I designed this"